Vibe Inc. ("Vibe") is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of any identifiable information that we collect about our Users ("personal information") through http://www.vibe.asia ("Vibe Site") or Vibe applications (e.g., the Vibe AOS & iOS app) ("Vibe Software") (collectively, the "Vibe Services").
1. What personal information do we collect?
- Information You Provide. We may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available on the Vibe Software. For example, when you register, use, pay to use or subscribe to any of our Vibe Services or take part in any interactive features of the Vibe Services (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research or other services or features), we collect a variety of personal information directly from you or when you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information. This information includes your birth date, name, age, gender, photographs, lifestyle, physical appearance, relationship intentions, Facebook login email, bio, religion, political views, dating gender preference, education, language, interests (movies, TV shows, books, etc.) and profile pictures, as well as the name and profile picture of your Facebook friends who are common Facebook friends with other Vibe Users in your network or geolocation, (optional) valid email address and phone number, and your choice of username and password when you register for a Vibe Account via email. You may also be asked to validate your Vibe Account via SMS. We retain passwords in hashed format only.
- We may also ask for other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Vibe Services. Where possible, on these forms we will indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
- In addition, as you use the Vibe Services, you can from time to time enter or send to us personal information such as sending us feedback via email. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose. Once registered, you are no longer anonymous to us and you can review and change certain personal information such as your bio and gender in the Edit Profile settings area.
- Information From Content You Post. When you post photos or other content to the Vibe Services, we collect information such as the time and date the content was taken or uploaded. We reserve the right to collect data on how you use them, who views them or with whom you share.
- Geolocation Data. When you use the Vibe Services, we will collect your location information to determine your distance from other Users ("Distance Information") through GPS, Wi-Fi and other cellular technology in your mobile device or through an Internet Protocol ("IP address") address (which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session). Your last known location is stored on our servers for the purpose of calculating Distance Information between you and other Users. We will also collect your mobile device's geographic location data (including GPS) or your computer's geographic location data while the Vibe Service is actively running.
- Information Automatically Collected. When you access the Vibe Services, we automatically record information from your computer and/or mobile device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave, date and time stamp and one or more Cookies (as defined below) that may uniquely identify your browser or your Vibe Account. Your mobile device's unique device ID is unique to the mobile device on which you install the Vibe Services ("Device ID" and "Mobile Device", respectively). For example, if you installed the Vibe app on an Apple Device, we store your identifierForVendor. We create a hashed version of your Device ID and use your hashed Device ID to log you into the Vibe Services. We store your Device ID and/or your hashed Device ID with other information we collect about you, including your Vibe Account and profile information and your Message information. We will also collect certain software and hardware information about your Mobile Device. When applicable, we will also receive or collect identification numbers associated with your Mobile Device (such as an Open UDID), mobile carrier, device name, advertising identifier, device type, firmware version and manufacturer and other diagnostic Mobile Device information.
- Information About How You Use The Vibe Services. Additionally, we also automatically track certain personal information about you based upon your behaviour on the Vibe Services, including information about your computer or Mobile Device and your activities. We create a tracking ID unique to each Vibe Account for internal tracking purposes. We use this information to do internal research on our Users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This may include information such as the pages and profiles you view, how you browse the Vibe Services, your Vibe Coin balance and purchases you make through the Vibe Services. It can also include the various functions and features that you use, such as Messages (as defined below), the connections you make, other friends or contacts you invite to the Vibe Services and profile searches you perform, or your general use of the Vibe Services.
- Messages. When you send a message (which may include text, photos, audio or video) to other Users of the Vibe Services, we will retain the messages ("Messages") as required by the operation of the Vibe Services.
- Your Communications With Us And Other Users. We collect communications you send to us (such as emails), comments that you post on the pages that we have on a third-party service such as our Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook channels, and messages or communications you send to us directly through those services. We may also collect any comments, photos, messages or other content or communications you and other Users share on the Vibe Services. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email (e.g., for support), we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email in order to send you a reply. If you contact us for support, we may also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data (e.g., your Mobile Device model).
- Information Provided By Others. We may be provided with information relating to you or your conduct on the Vibe Services by other Users of the Vibe Services. We also collect information that third-party organizations may provide to us, such as demographic information or fraud prevention information.
2. How do we use the personal information that we collect?
- Providing the Requested Vibe Services: We use your personal information to administer and maintain your Vibe Account and generally provide the functions and features that are part of the Vibe Services (including providing communications as described below).
- Analyzing and Develop Our Products and Services: We use your personal information to develop, deliver, measure, monitor, analyze and improve the Vibe Services and develop new products and services.
- Communicate With You: We use your personal information to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service, to provide any messaging or communications associated with the functions and features of the Vibe Services (including by email), to keep you posted on our latest product or service announcements or updates, software updates, security alerts and any technical notices and to provide you with support and administrative messages. If you do not wish to receive email from Vibe you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each communication or by contacting Vibe support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protect the Vibe Services and Vibe's Property: We use your personal information to detect and prevent abusive, fraudulent, malicious or potentially illegal activities, and to protect the rights, safety or property of Vibe and our Users.
- Geographical Or GPS Location-Based Services: We may use your personal information to provide features of the Vibe Services that may be relevant to you and your geographical location or GPS information.
- Additional Uses: We may use your personal information to perform other functions as may otherwise be described to you at the time of collection or as enabled by you in relation to the Vibe Services.
3. How do we disclose your personal information?
The Vibe Services allow you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals and other companies, including other Users and potential Users of the Vibe Services and third-party Social Networking Sites. Please consider your own privacy and personal safety when sharing your information with anyone, including information you share through your profile. Profiles may include certain personal information that was provided at registration, information provided through a Social Networking Site, and other information added by you (e.g., your bio), as well as information about your use of the Vibe Services (e.g., whether you were recently logged in to the Vibe Services). You may wish to review our Safety Tips for tips on using the Vibe Services.
Please be advised that information on your profile, including any personal information, is viewable by other Users. We do not control who reads the information that you share or what others may do with this information, so we encourage you to use discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Also, if you wish to share information about other Users, please consider their safety and privacy and get their consent before sharing.
Except as described below, we do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose to third parties the personal information we collect through the Vibe Services. At times we may share personal information with third parties as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants, business partners and other service providers ("Third Party Providers") that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving advertisements, providing fraud detection services or providing analytics services;
- with Third Party Providers that offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, if we run a contest or promotion.
Any Third Party Providers that have access to personal information are chosen carefully by us and are required to have privacy and security standards that meet our requirements. We use contracts and other measures with our Third Party Providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of Users' personal information and to prevent personal information from being used for any other purpose, including for any advertising or other commercial purposes. However, you should know that Third Party Providers performing services on our behalf may store, transfer and process personal information on servers located outside of Singapore, in jurisdictions (including the United States) whose data protection laws differ from those of Singapore. As a result, personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. For example, information may be shared in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts and law enforcement officials in those countries. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require our Third Party Providers to maintain protections on personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in Singapore.
We also reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings.
We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent.
We reserve the right to share aggregated information (not linked to your personal information) with others that is not personal information or that is in an aggregated or anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. Our retention of your personal information
We retain personal information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes for which it was collected, and for a reasonable time thereafter, or as required by law. Vibe has retention standards which meet these requirements. Vibe destroys your personal information following the end of our retention period, when it is no longer needed, or when we remove your name from the information. We assume no obligation or guarantee to archive any information and do not warrant that any archived information will later be made available to you.
You may deactivate your Vibe Account at any time by accessing "Settings" and selecting deactivate account or by emailing our support team at email@example.com with the subject line Please Deactivate My Vibe Account. After your Vibe Account has been deactivated and you have logged out of the Vibe Services, your profile will no longer be visible to other Users. If you do not reactivate your Vibe Account within sixty (60) days, your Vibe Account will be permanently terminated and closed but some information may remain in Vibe's backup copies and logs for up to one (1) year.
For greater clarity, Messages, photos, videos, text, comments and certain other information sent to Users may remain on the Vibe Services after you deactivate your Vibe Account.
5. Legal requests; emergencies; jurisdictions
In some cases, personal information that we collect may be stored or processed by us outside of Singapore in jurisdictions whose data protection laws may differ from Singapore. In such cases, we will continue to protect the information with appropriate safeguards through contract and otherwise use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place, but you acknowledge that your personal information may be subject to the governments, courts, law enforcement officials, national security authorities and laws of those countries.
Vibe takes your privacy concerns seriously and strives to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration and misuse. For security we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/TLS) protocol for any transactions that send personal information. This encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your Mobile Device or computer. We also make reasonable effort to ensure the security of your personal information on our system using available protection technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we make no representations or warranties as to the security of any information that you submit to us electronically in connection with the Vibe Services, which you do at your own risk.
7. Advertising and Third Party Advertising Networks
We may use or share certain information with online advertising networks or similar third party vendors that display ads through the Vibe Services, or to our Users. Typically, the information we share is provided through Cookies or similar technologies and is used to recognize the device or browser you are using. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests.
8. Access to your information and account management
You may access and change your Vibe Account information at any time by visiting the "Edit Profile" and "Settings" sections of your Vibe Account or the Social Networking Sites that you have connected to the Vibe Services. You may also contact us for assistance using the details below if you want to access or change your Vibe Account information or close your Vibe Account.
9. Age restrictions
We do not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from people under eighteen (18) years of age. If you become aware that personal information about a person under eighteen (18) years of age has been provided to us, please immediately click on the Report button located in the drop down menu on a User's profile or contact us using the details below.
10. Links to third party websites
12. Contacting Vibe
(Vibe)YTEAMS PTE. LTD.
10 Anson Road #23-14V, International Plaza,